In this section
Project ADAM Karen Smith Award
Karen Smith was a dedicated member of the Project ADAM board, and established an excellent program in the Pewaukee Schools, prior to her untimely death from cancer. The Project ADAM Karen Smith Award aims to recognize school champions implementing comprehensive and innovative CPR-AED programs to keep students, staff and visitors protected in the event of sudden cardiac arrest.
- 2021: Kathleen Roebber (University School of Milwaukee)
- 2018: Sandra Paisley (Melrose-Mindoro School District)
- 2017: Amy Braeger (West Bend Area School District)
- 2016: Sister Jane Marie Bradish (Pius XI Catholic High School)
- 2015: Lauren Engelking (Holy Apostles, New Berlin) and Monica Tesmer (Colby School District)
- 2014: Kellie Kalberer (Sun Prairie Area School District) and West Allis School Nurses (West Allis West Milwaukee School District)
- 2013: Oconomowoc Area School District
- 2012: Kathy Verstegen (Kimberly Area School District)
- 2011: Becky Neumann-Schwabe (Milwaukee Public Schools)
The Project ADAM Karen Smith Award recipient will receive a recognition award and a monetary gift to continue advocating for Project ADAM in his/her school and community.
How To Nominate
Karen Smith Award application (Please save file to your computer to use the form fields and send functionality)
Project ADAM Hero Award
The Project ADAM Hero award was created to recognize a school staff member, coach, student or visitor that activates the school's cardiac emergency response plan by calling 911, starting CPR and getting the nearest AED.
2019: Paige Freeman, Student (Kettle Moraine High School)
2018: Marissa Strehlow, Athletic Trainer (Nicolet High School)
The Project ADAM Hero Award recipient will receive a recognition award and ceremony.