In this section
Language disorders video series
- Part 1 - Understanding Language Disorders
- Part 2 - Invisible Obstacles: Language Disorders in Older Children
Language disorders video preview
Identifying a language disorder can be difficult because the symptoms may suggest something else, such as autism, cognitive disabilities, auditory processing disorders or a hearing problem.
With generous support from the Kim and John Schlifske Child Development Fund, a language disorders video was created to educate professionals about the symptoms and impact of language disorders on children's behavior and development at different ages.
We now have a follow-up video, Invisible Obstacles: Language Disorders in Older Children.
In these videos, you will learn the following:
Video #1: Understanding Language Disorders
- What a language disorder is
- What it looks like at different ages
- Where to go for help if you suspect a child has a language disorder
Video #2: Invisible Obstacles: Language Disorders in Older Children
- You will be able to take a look at how children from the first video have progressed
- See the struggles that older children and adolescents with language disorders may face
- Learn how to recognize the role that language disorders play within academic and social deficits as children continue in school
- The importance of treatment and reason for optimism as students enter adolescence and beyond
To access and view both full videos at no cost, please complete and submit the form below: