In this section
About Children's Research Institute
Children's Research Institute represents the most powerful concentration of pediatric research in the region, making a real impact on improving the quality of life for children with chronic health conditions.
At a glance
- Hundreds of investigators, research trainees, and technicians
- 1,000-plus active clinical trials, an increase of more than 80 percent since the institute first launched in 2003
- The department of Pediatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin has risen in National Institutes of Health funding ranking from No. 35 to No. 17
- Nearly $30 million in external funding in fiscal year 2016
- Nationally known for preemie and newborn care, heart care, and cancer care, among other critical areas
Advancing pediatric medical research
Children's Research Institute advances pediatric medical research for children in Wisconsin and beyond. Focusing on translational research, we are taking discoveries from the laboratory, and converting them to new therapies at patients' bedsides.
Our researchers collaborate with experts and organizations regionally and nationally to provide the most advanced care available and enhance the health care possibilities for children everywhere. Children's Research Institute is affiliated with the Medical College of Wisconsin, Marquette University College of Nursing, and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Nursing.
Children's annually invests significant funds in cutting-edge research to help improve the lives of children and their families. Advancements in pediatric research not only improve lives, but they also reduce overall healthcare costs. By treating, preventing, and eliminating childhood diseases, we can reduce the costs of care impacting families and society over all.
Human Research Protection Program
Make a donation
Invest in our kids and help advance our translational pediatric research.