In this section
How to donate PPE and support Children’s Wisconsin
We are facing a public health crisis like nothing we have ever seen before. Our doctors, nurses and front-line staff are working around the clock to support our community and provide the best possible care for COVID-19 patients. At the same time, our dedicated team of healthcare heroes are going to extraordinary lengths to maintain their own health and safety to ensure continued care for children across the state.
During this difficult time, Children’s Wisconsin needs your support more than ever.
Ways you can help
We are humbled by the generosity of individuals, families and businesses across the state who have asked how they can help support our staff and patients during the COVID-19 outbreak. As outlined below, we encourage you to consider making an online financial donation or donating personal protective equipment (PPE).
Make an online financial donation
We continue to rely on the generosity of our community for the financial support we need to care for our patients and families during the COVID-19 outbreak. Make an online donation to support Children’s Wisconsin.
Children’s Wisconsin is accepting donations of new personal protective equipment (PPE), including homemade masks. Information about PPE donations is listed below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions about donating PPE items.
Donations can be dropped off, by appointment only, at our Children's Corporate Center lobby (999 N. 92nd Street) from 9am - 2pm, Monday through Friday.
Items can also be shipped to:
Children's Wisconsin Volunteer Services
999 N. 92nd Street, Suite C115
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Items we will accept include
- Surface disinfectant (e.g. Clorax wipes, CaviWipes)
- Any type of surgical masks
- Any type of N95 respirator masks
- Face masks with clear panel (This type of mask provides visual accessibility to communication factors such as lip movement and facial expressions. Medical staff find this helpful for enhanced communication, reducing patient fears, and encouraging language development in our tiniest of patients).
- Any hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol
- Handmade masks (see instructions below)*
Please note: If you or your child has COVID-19 symptoms, confirmed exposure or both, we cannot accept your donation at this time.
Instructions for making homemade hospital masks
When making masks to donate to Children's Wisconsin, the following link has many patterns that are approved by Children's:
*Handmade masks will be distributed to patients and families to support a safe environment at Children's.
- Do not make masks for donation if there is anyone in your home who:
- Has tested positive for COVID-19
- Has any symptoms of any respiratory illness
- Please prewash fabric, wash your hands, and work in a clean environment
- Use fabric that does not have a religious or violent theme
- Do not try the masks on
- Deliver masks in zip lock/airtight bags
- When making masks, please ensure the mask can fit or adjust to a variety of face sizes
If you have any questions about donating PPE items, please email us at email@example.com
Many thanks for continuing to support PPE needs during these challenging times.