In this section
How to donate PPE and support Children’s Wisconsin
We are facing a public health crisis like nothing we have ever seen before. Our doctors, nurses and front-line staff are working around the clock to support our community and provide the best possible care for COVID-19 patients. At the same time, our dedicated team of healthcare heroes are going to extraordinary lengths to maintain their own health and safety to ensure continued care for children across the state.
During this difficult time, Children’s Wisconsin needs your support more than ever.
Ways you can help
We are humbled by the generosity of individuals, families and businesses across the state who have asked how they can help support our staff and patients during the COVID-19 outbreak. As outlined below, we encourage you to consider making an online financial donation or donating personal protective equipment (PPE).
Make an online financial donation
We continue to rely on the generosity of our community for the financial support we need to care for our patients and families during the COVID-19 outbreak. Make an online donation to support Children’s Wisconsin.
Donate PPE, including handmade masks
Children’s Wisconsin is accepting donations of new and unused personal protective equipment (PPE), including homemade masks. Information about PPE donations is listed below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions about donating PPE items.
Donate at Children’s Wisconsin
To drop off donations at both our Milwaukee and Fox Valley hospital locations, please schedule an appointment by emailing us at email@example.com.
Items can also be shipped to:
Children's Wisconsin Volunteer Services
999 N. 92nd St.,
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Neenah Corporate Center
ATTN: George Davis
333 N. Commercial Street, Suite 400
Neenah, WI 54956
Items we will accept include
- Any type of surgical masks
- Any type of N95 respirator masks
- Any type of clear, plastic face shields
- Any type of disposable isolation gowns or disposable coveralls
- Any new lab coats (including homemade)
- Any hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol
- Any safety glasses or goggles
- Handmade hospital masks (see instructions below)
Please note: If you or your child has COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough or shortness of breath), confirmed exposure or both, we cannot accept your PPE donation at this time.
Instructions for making homemade hospital masks
When making masks to donate to Children's Wisconsin:
- Do not make masks for donation if there is anyone in your home who:
- Has tested positive for COVID-19
- Has any symptoms of any respiratory illness
- Please prewash fabric, wash your hands and work in a clean environment.
- Work with the supplies you have at home.
- If you do not have elastic options, you can drop off the masks without elastic and the hospital will add elastic and the filters for the pocket.
- The hospital is in need of large, thin, metal-free elastic hair ties that are 6” long (pony tail rubber bands with covering).
- Please do not try the masks on.