In this section
Planning your visit
Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS)
3 MCTS buses serve our campus.
- Routes 67 and 31 both have 2 stops on 92nd Street about 1 block from the hospital entrance. You can get to our Children's Emergency Room from here.
- Route 10 stops in front of the Eye Institute, about 1/2 block from the Children's Emergency Room entrance.
Note: During construction, these bus stops may be moved temporarily.
The Gold Line stops at both bus stops on 92nd street.
For bus schedule and fare information, call (414) 344–6711.
Washington County Commuter Express
The Washington Country Commuter Express (WCCE) provides service between Washington and Milwaukee Counties Monday - Friday.
Car rental/shuttle service
Learn more about car rental and shuttle service from the Milwaukee airport.
MTM is the State of Wisconsin’s non–emergency medical transportation (NEMT) service. MTM schedules rides for eligible Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus members in Wisconsin.
Rides are covered for medical appointments. To get a ride for covered services, call (866) 907–1493 two business days in advance. Ride requests are accepted Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
American United Transportation Management provides professional taxicab, medical transport van and single-rider wheelchair van transportation services throughout Southeastern Wisconsin. Services always are available. Call central dispatch at (414) 220-5000.
Amtrak provides daily rail service to and from Milwaukee. Call (800) 872-7245 for information and reservations.
Things to do in Milwaukee
- Henry Maier Festival Park (Summerfest grounds) - 8 miles
- Marcus Center for the Performing Arts - 8 miles
- Wisconsin Center - 7 miles
- Milwaukee County Zoo - 1 mile
- Mitchell Park Domes - 6 miles
- Pabst/Riverside Theater - 7 miles
- Wisconsin State Fair Park - 2 miles
- Bayshore Town Center - 13 miles
- Brookfield Square Mall - 5 miles
- Mayfair Mall - 2 miles
- Southridge Mall - 8 miles
- Fiserv Forum - 7 miles (Home of Milwaukee Bucks Basketball Team, Milwaukee Admirals Hockey Team, Milwaukee Wave Soccer Team, and Marquette University Golden Eagles)
- Miller Park (Home of the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Team) - 4 miles
- Petit National Ice Center - 2 miles
- Betty Brinn Children's Museum – 8 miles
- Discovery World Museum – 8 miles
- Harley Davidson Museum – 8 miles
- Milwaukee Art Museum – 8 miles
- Milwaukee Public Museum (Home of the Humphrey IMAX Dome Theater) – 7 miles
Additional Milwaukee-area activity information
Access appointment information and medical records, manage prescriptions, and message your child's doctor. Visit MyChart.
Discover CHW is a free app that helps you find your way around Children's Wisconsin's Milwaukee campus and provides you with valuable information for your stay.