Peter J Bartz, MD
- Medical Director, Herma Heart Institute, Children's Wisconsin
- Professor and Chief, Pediatric Cardiology, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Clinical Vice President of Ambulatory Services, Children's Wisconsin
Accepting new patients
Peter Bartz, MD, was trained at the University of Minnesota Medical School, and served as chief resident in pediatrics at Michigan State University. After completing a fellowship in pediatric cardiology at Mayo Clinic, Peter joined Children’s Wisconsin and the Herma Heart Institute in 2006.
Over the last ten years, Peter has taken on multiple roles in addition to his clinical work, including previously serving as the Co-Director of the pediatric fellowship program, as well as currently serving as Clinical Vice President for the hospital. An active member of multiple cardiology associations, including the American Heart Association and Adult Congenital Heart Association, Peter is committed to advancing congenital heart disease care for children and adults.
In 2016, he received the Expert Clinician award from the Medical College of Wisconsin. Peter confesses to having a guilty pleasure for sweets and Radiohead, and has “Attend the Kentucky Derby” on his bucket list. When you see him, be sure to ask him about the time he literally ran with the bulls in Spain!
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Internal Medicine, Pediatric Cardiology
Areas of Interest
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Congenital heart disease
- General pediatric cardiology
Education and Awards
- 1999, University of Minnesota -Twin Cities, MD
2003, Western Michigan University - Med-Peds
2006, Mayo Clinic -Minnesota - Pediatric Cardiology2006, Mayo Med School (Rochester, MN) - Ped Cardiology
- Best Doctors in America
- Expert Clinician Award, Medical College of Wisconsin
Research and publications
Ratings and Reviews
Question rating breakdown