Erwin T Cabacungan, MD
- Assistant Professor
Dr. Cabacungan received his bachelor of science in Biology and medical degrees from the University of the Philippines. He completed his Pediatric residency at Children’s Wisconsin and the Medical College of Wisconsin. He completed his Neonatology fellowship at the University of Maryland. Presently, he is the Medical Director of Neonatology Services at Community Memorial Hospital, Menomonee Falls, Wis. and St. Joseph Hospital, West Bend, Wis.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Pediatrics
Areas of Interest
Education and Awards
- 1987, Univ of Philippines (Philippines),
- 1993, Medical College of Wisconsin - Pediatrics
- 1996, University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) - Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Milwaukee Magazine Top Doctors
- Milwaukee Top Doctors (Neonatology)
Research and publications
Dr. Cabacungan’s research interest as a fellow was in the role of Malic enzyme in lung development. His previous research focus was on genotyping the genes encoding detoxifying and toxifying enzymes genotyping in the Hispanic population. Presently, he does his research at Medical College of Wisconsin, department of Physiology on the developmental programming of hypertension and chronic kidney disease.