Barbara B Calkins, MD
- Executive board member, Children’s Medical Group
- Committee member, Children’s Medical Group Compensation & Strategy Committee and Quality Committee
- Board member and executive committee member, Medical College of Wisconsin Medical Alumni Association
Accepting new patients
It has really been my privilege to be able to be involved in the lives of so many wonderful families. I have been practicing pediatrics since 1999. Watching babies grow to be school-aged children and being part of the community they live in has been rewarding. I really love what I do!
Being a pediatrician is so much more than well checks or sick visits in the office. I am truly your child's advocate! I will care for your child in the hospital as a newborn or sick child, or communicate with specialists for them when their care becomes more complicated, and speak with their teachers or counselors at school to advocate for their health and well-being.
At each office visit, I interview both the child and the parent to address their questions and needs. I want to make sure I adequately communicate with both during their visit. Being able to get to the level of a child to communicate and examine them is just one integral piece in forming a bond with your child. It is also getting to know the parents and the entire family, and being an effective communicator with everyone. These are unique qualities that I have and hope to share with you.
Dr. Calkins in the news...
- How to prevent choking video, October 2017
- Caring for Teens Facebook video, October 2015
- Mental Health Program Aids Children, M Magazine, November 2015
- ADHD in children live Periscope video, February 2016
- Radio talk on seasonal allergies, April 2014
- Choosing the Best Spray to Bug off Bugs, U.S. News & World Report, June 26, 2014
- Ask a Pediatrician Facebook chat, Nov. 12, 2013
Areas of Interest
Education and Awards
- 1996, Medical College of Wisconsin, MD
- 1999, University of Colorado (Denver, CO) - Pediatrics
- Milwaukee Magazine Top Doctor
Ratings and Reviews
Question rating breakdown