Robert P Chayer, MD
- Medical director, Psychiatry, Children's Wisconsin
- Associate professor and chief, the Medical College of Wisconsin
Robert P. Chayer, MD is the Chucker Aring Chair in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, associate professor and the director of the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin. In addition to his administrative responsibilities, Dr Chayer provides clinical services at Children’s Wisconsin both at the Milwaukee campus and in the Community Services division.
Dr. Chayer graduated from the University of Illinois with a degree in biology and psychology before attending medical school at Rush University in Chicago. He completed general psychiatry residency training at the Medical College of Wisconsin, serving as Chief Resident his final year. He went on to pursue fellowship training in child and adolescent psychiatry, also at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Prior to returning to the Medical College of Wisconsin in 2006 to join the faculty, Dr. Chayer spent 12 years in private practice in the Milwaukee area and provided psychiatric treatment to traumatized children in the foster care system in a number of clinical settings.
Dr Chayer previously served as the chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at the former St Michael’s Hospital in Milwaukee and since joining the faculty has completed the Leadership Development Program for Physicians in Academic Health Centers at the Harvard School of Public Health.
- Child Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry
Areas of Interest
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Education and Awards
- 1987, Rush Medical College (Chicago, IL), MD..
- 1992, Medical College of Wisconsin - Psychiatry
- 1994, Medical College of Wisconsin - CHILD & ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY (PSYCHIATRY)
- Chucker Aring Chair of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - 2013
- Best Doctors in America