Yvonne E Chiu, MD
- Associate professor, the Medical College of Wisconsin
Accepting new patients
Dr. Chiu is a fellowship-trained and board-certified pediatric dermatologist. Her research and clinical interests are in morphea, also called localized scleroderma. She also has interests in rheumatologic conditions such as lupus erythematosus and dermatomyositis. In addition to taking care of patients and performing cutting-edge research, Dr. Chiu is passionate about training the next generation of doctors by teaching medical students and residents.
Dr. Chiu strongly believes that the best care possible for each child comes from a strong partnership between families and the doctor. She provides the medical expertise and guidance to empower each family to make the best decisions for their child’s health.
Areas of Interest
- General dermatology
- Rheumatologic disease
Education and Awards
- 2006, Keck School of Medicine of the USC, MD
- 2010, Medical College of Wisconsin - Dermatology
- 2011, Medical College of Wisconsin - Ped Dermatology
- Best Doctors in Milwaukee
- Dermatology Foundation Fellowship in Pediatric Dermatology
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology William Weston Award
- American Academy of Dermatology Academic Leadership Development Program
- Best Doctors in America
- Milwaukee Magazine Top Doctors
Research and publications
- Genetics of Morphea, principal investigator
- Variable response to propranolol treatment of kaposiform hemangioendothelioma, tufted angioma, and Kasabach-Merritt phenomenon.
- A significant proportion of pediatric morphea en coup de sabre and Parry-Romberg syndrome patients have neuroimaging findings.
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration does not correlate with atopic dermatitis severity.
- Demographic and clinical characteristics of cutaneous lupus erythematosus at a paediatric dermatology referral centre.
- Risk factors for morphoea disease severity: a retrospective review of 114 paediatric patients.
Ratings and Reviews
Question rating breakdown