Carey A Ehlert, MD
- Assistant professor, the Medical College of Wisconsin
Dr. Ehlert is a board certified neonatologist who specializes in the intensive care of newborn infants. She has a special interest in caring for premature infants and infants with congenital birth defects. Dr. Ehlert is a consultant with the Fetal Concerns Program which is a program that coordinates care management for families expecting the birth of a child with prenatally diagnosed birth defects.
Dr. Ehlert is very involved with medical administration and education. She enjoys community outreach activities and teaching. She is working with the National Children’s Study to understand the impact of the environment on the health and wellness of children in the United States.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Pediatrics
Areas of Interest
- Blood Type Incompatibility
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Congenital pulmonary airway malformation
Education and Awards
- 1997, University of Nebraska (Omaha, NE),
- 2000, Creighton University (Omaha, NE) - Pediatrics
- 2003, Children's Mercy Hospital (Kansas City, MO) - Neonatology
- Best Doctors in America
- Milwaukee Top Doctors, 2013
- Clinician’s Clinician Award, 2012