Alvina R Kansra, MD
- Assistant professor, the Medical College of Wisconsin
Accepting new patients
Dr. Kansra is trained as med/peds, completed her fellowship in pediatric endocrinology and diabetes. Her interests are in managing children with growth disorders, polycystic ovary syndrome, type 1 and type 2 diabetes, childhood obesity and endocrine late effects of cancer.
Dr. Kansra’s research interest is in polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescent population and its relation to the glucose abnormalities. She is also getting involved with the community projects targeting to prevent childhood obesity. She believes that open communication with patient’s parents and doctor is the most important thing when caring a child with disease. She also enjoys teaching the fellow’s, residents and medical students.
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Areas of Interest
- Anterior Pituitary Disorders
- Delayed puberty
- Precocious Puberty Early Puberty
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
Education and Awards
- 1994, Krishna Institute of Med, MBBS
- 1995, Krishna Institute of Medicine,
- 2003, Hurley Hospital (Flint, MI) - Med-Peds
- 2003, Hurley Medical Center (Michigan) - Pediatrics
- 2006, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center - Ped Endocrinology
- 2006, Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center (Ohio) - Pediatric Endocrinology
- Listed as M Magazine’s Top-Rated Doctors in January 2013 Issue.
- Listed as America’s Top Pediatrician in the “Guide to America’s Top Pediatricians”
2009, 2010, 2012 Edition.
- Listed as Top Pediatrician in Milwaukee, WI by the “International Association of
Pediatricians (IAP)” 2010 Edition.
Research and publications
Ratings and Reviews
Question rating breakdown