Linda McNamara, RN
- Lactation consultant
I have been a nurse since 1983 and have enjoyed a very rewarding and challenging career. I became passionate about breastfeeding after working as a nurse in the NICU and especially after the birth of my daughter.
As an experienced NICU nurse, I know the stress that families go through having their baby in the hospital. I want to help these moms succeed at breastfeeding and/or providing breast milk to their babies. I find great joy in helping women achieve their goal of providing breast milk to their baby, in any way they can and in any amount. Providing breast milk is not always easy and I am privileged to have a job where I can help new mothers and make a difference; not only for themselves but for their babies as well. A caring, positive approach combined with a passion for what I do allows me to accomplish my goal of helping mothers breastfeed their babies every day.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant since 1999.
Education and Awards
- 1983, Evanston Hospital School of Nursing, RN, BSN
- 1981, Western Illinois University, BS
- Nurse excellence award nominee - Miami Valley Hospital, 1992
- Bravo recognition award - Children's Wisconsin, 2015
Research and publications
- Currently participating in a research study to determine caloric changes in pasteurized donor human milk based on thawing techniques.