Adrian Miranda, MD
- Professor, the Medical College of Wisconsin
Accepting new patients
Dr. Miranda is a board certified Pediatric Gastroenterologist. He has a special interest in managing patients with chronic abdominal pain, irritable bowel syndrome, and general gastroenterological disorders.
Dr. Miranda is also committed to conducting research that will improve the understanding and treatment of abdominal pain, motility, autonomic disorders and vomiting in children. These disorders can significantly impact a child’s life and the entire family. In Dr. Miranda’s clinic, every effort is made to create a treatment plan uniquely tailored to each patient and family.
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Areas of Interest
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Functional abdominal pain
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Neurogastrointestinal disorders
Education and Awards
- 1998, Medical College of Wisconsin, MD
2001, Medical College of Wisconsin - PEDIATRICS
2004, Medical College of Wisconsin - PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY (PEDIATRICS)
Milwaukee Magazine Top Doctors
Best Doctors in America
- “Outstanding Teacher of the Full-Time Pediatric Faculty” Award.
Peer Reviewed Research Awards
- NASPGHAN, Neurogastroenterology and Motility Clinical Research Award, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- NASPGHAN, Neurogastroenterology and Motility Basic Science Award, Orlando, FL.
- Basic Science Award, International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders. Milwaukee WI.
- Young Investigator Award, American Gastroenterologic Association’s Functional Brain Gut, San Diego, CA.
- REGAL Award for outstanding research in the field of Gastroenterology. San Francisco, CA.
- Young Investigator Award, World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Paris, France.
- Young Investigator Award, Greater Chicago Gut Club, Chicago, IL.
- Fellows Basic Research Award, Children’s Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.
Invited lectures/Workshops/Presentations/Site visits
- Adrian Miranda, Visceral Pain: From Basics To Bedside, Primer Curso de Gastroenterologia Pediatrica, Mexico D.F., Mexico.
- Adrian Miranda, The Child with Abdominal Pain Primer Curso de Gastroenterologia Pediatrica, Mexico D.F., Mexico.
- Adrian Miranda Early Life Events: What happens to children with functional bowel disorders? International Meeting of Neurogastroenterology and Motility, Lucerne, Switzerland.
- Adrian Miranda, Effects of the 5HT3 Receptor Antagonist, Alosetron, in a Rat Model of Somatic and Visceral Hyperalgesia, 2nd World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. Paris, France.
- Adrian Miranda, Sleep Interruption Activates the Periaqueductal Grey Region and Results in Visceral and Somatic Hypersensitivity in Rats, North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) national conference. Orlando, Florida.
- Adrian Miranda, Research Funding: Present and Future. NASPGHAN Second year Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellows Conference, Phoenix Arizona.
- Adrian Miranda, Manuscript Preparation and Submission. NASPGHAN Second year Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellows Conference, Phoenix Arizona.
- Adrian Miranda, Pediatric IBS Treatments, NASPGHAN - CDHNF Clinical and Scientific Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Adrian Miranda, Early Life Events and Functional Abdominal Pain. New insights into childhood functional abdominal pain and IBS: A multidisciplinary approach National Symposium, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Adrian Miranda, The Role of NMDA Receptors in Chronic Visceral Hyperalgesia Following a Neonatal Somatic Stimulus. Digestive Disease Week. Washington D.C.
- Adrian Miranda, A New Model of Visceral Hyperalgesia in Neonatal Rats. North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) national conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Adrian Miranda, Abdominal Pain in Children, Children’s Wisconsin Grand Rounds. Milwaukee, WI.
- Adrian Miranda, Dietary management of Functional Abdominal Pain in Children, ASPEN Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Adrian Miranda, Celiac Disease, Grand Rounds, Nena, WI.
- Adrian Miranda, Non-surgical Abdominal Pain-office and emergency room work-up, Grays Lake.
- Adrian Miranda, Visceral Pain; From Bench to Bedside. Greater Chicago Gut Club. Chicago, IL.
- Adrian Miranda, Abdominal Pain in Children. Grand Rounds. Fox Valley, WI.
- Adrian Miranda, Management of abdominal pain in children. Best Practices in Pediatrics Winter Conference, Wisconsin Dells, WI.
Research and publications
Ratings and Reviews
Question rating breakdown