Barry J Pelz, MD
- Assistant professor, the Medical College of Wisconsin
Accepting new patients
Dr. Pelz earned his B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin (Phi Beta Kappa) and his M.D. from the University of Tennessee (Alpha Omega Alpha) where he received the Alumni Achievement Award for Clinical Medicine. He completed his internship and residency training at Lurie Children's Wisconsin (formerly Children's Memorial Hospital). He then went on to complete his fellowship training at Lurie Children's Wisconsin and Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
As a board certified allergist-immunologist, Dr. Pelz is passionate about providing expert care to those who suffer from allergic and immunologic diseases. Dr. Pelz is deeply committed to the health and well-being of his patients. He believes in developing a patient-centered approach to medical care that is rooted in evidence-based medicine and a strong physician-patient relationship. He considers himself to be an advocate for his patients and their families and always strives to provide compassionate and quality care.
- Allergy Immunology, Pediatrics
Areas of Interest
- Allergy immunology
- Atopic dermatitis
- Eosinophilic diseases
- Food allergy
Education and Awards
- 2010, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, MD..
- 2013, McGaw Med Ctr of Northwestern Univ - Pediatrics
- 2016, McGaw Med Ctr of Northwestern Univ - Advanced Research - Allergy/Immunology
- 2015, McGaw Med Ctr of Northwestern Univ - Allergy/Immunology
Research and publications
Ratings and Reviews
Question rating breakdown