Matthew R Plunk, MD
- Assistant Professor, the Medical College of Wisconsin
Accepting new patients
6809 122nd AvenueKenosha, WI 53142
3365 S. 103rd StreetGreenfield, WI 53227
8915 W. Connell CourtMilwaukee, WI 53226
1655 W. Mequon RoadMequon, WI 53092
4855 S. Moorland RoadNew Berlin, WI 53151
3195 Hillside DriveDelafield, WI 53018
In caring for patients and working with referring clinicians, I place a high value on communication and education. A visit to the radiology department can be a stressful time for children and their family members and I believe one way to make them more relaxed is by ensuring they understand the test or procedure that is planned. Additionally, talking with older children and family members about their exam helps increase their ownership of their care.
For referring providers, I hope to provide thorough and concise reports that help them care for their patients. Furthermore, I enjoy consulting on complicated cases to ensure each patient receives the best test to answer the question at hand.
Finally, I believe communication and education is absolutely a two way street. The information patients provide us is invaluable in making sure our interpretations are accurate. And discussing patients with referring clinicians continues to teach me how to better meet their needs as a radiologist.
- Diagnostic Radiology, Pediatric Radiology
Areas of Interest
- Interventional radiology
- Vascular anomolies
- CT MRI
Education and Awards
- 2009, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, MD..
- 2014, University of Washington School of Medicine - Diagnostic Radiology
- 2015, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center - Ped Radiology
- 2016, Texas Children's Hospital - Ped Interventional Radiology
- Outstanding Resident Leadership Award, UW Radiology, 2014
- Resident Medical Student Educator of the Year, UW Radiology, 2014
- Resident Peer Teach of the Year Award, UW Radiology, 2012
- Sven Gomez "Surgery Intern of the Year," Swedish Medical Center, 2010
- Graduation with Honors, University of Illinois College of Medicine, 2009
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Medical School, Junior), 2008