Sophie G Shay, MD
- Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children’s Wisconsin
- Assistant Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin
Accepting new patients
6809 122nd AvenueKenosha, WI 53142
3365 S. 103rd StreetGreenfield, WI 53227
8915 W. Connell CourtMilwaukee, WI 53226
4855 S. Moorland RoadNew Berlin, WI 53151
Dr. Sophie Shay is dedicated to the care of children and their ear, nose and throat needs. She is committed to the care of complex children, and treats each child with the individualized care that he or she deserves.
Dr. Sophie Shay is a board-certified Otolaryngologist and Head and Neck Surgeon with accredited fellowship training in Pediatric Otolaryngology. She has many clinical interests which include complex airway management, airway reconstruction, sinonasal disorders, congenital head and neck masses, parotid masses, and thyroid/parathyroid disease.
As a mentor to medical students, residents, and fellows, Dr. Shay has strong interests in medical education. Along with her clinical interests, she is also dedicated to furthering the frontier of academic otolaryngology. For her research in pediatric otolaryngology and healthcare disparities, she has received the Shirley Baron Research Award from the Triological Society, and is a two-time recipient of the Charles Ferguson Research Award from the American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology.
- Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Areas of Interest
- Airway reconstructive surgeries
- Congenital head and neck masses
- Craniofacial irregularities
- Cerumen removal
- Dermoid cyst
- Deviated septum
- Foreign body in ear nose and airway
- Hearing disorders
- Hearing loss
- Neck abscess
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Otitis Externa Swimmer Ear
- Otitis media
- Salivary control
- Swallowing difficulties
- Tracheal disorders
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Vocal fold dysfunction
Education and Awards
- 2012, University of Chicago (Pritzker Sch of Med, IL), MD
- 2017, UCLA Medical Center - Otolaryngology
- 2018, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago - Ped Otolaryngology
- 2018 First Place Clinical Research Award, Department of Surgery, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Wisconsin of Chicago, Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine
- 2017 Distinguished Resident Award, UCLA Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2017 Triological Society Resident Travel Award, Triological Society 2017 Combined Sections Meeting, Western Section, New Orleans, LA.
- 2016 Charles Ferguson Clinical Research Award, Third Place - American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology (ASPO) 2016 Scientific Program, Combined Otolaryngological Spring Meeting (COSM), Chicago, IL.
- 2016 Triological Society Resident Travel Award, Triological Society 2016 Combined Otolaryngological Spring Meeting (COSM), Chicago, IL.
- 2016 Shirley Baron Resident Research Award, Triological Society 2016 Combined Sections Meeting, Western Section, Miami, FL.
- 2015 Distinguished Resident Award, UCLA Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2015 Triological Society Resident Travel Award, Triological Society 2016 Combined Sections Meeting, Western Section, Miami, FL.
- 2014 Charles Ferguson Clinical Research Award, Third Place - American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology (ASPO) 2014 Scientific Program, Combined Otolaryngological Spring Meeting (COSM), Las Vegas, NV.
- 2014 Excellence in Patient Centered Care, West LA Veteran’s Affairs Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
- 2012 Graduation with Honors, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- 2008 Magna Cum Laude, Duke University, Durham, NC
- 2008 Graduation with Distinction in Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC
Ratings and Reviews
Question rating breakdown