Sophie G Shay, MD
- Pediatric otolaryngologist, Children’s Wisconsin
- Assistant professor, Medical College of Wisconsin
6809 122nd AvenueKenosha, WI 53142
8915 W. Connell CourtMilwaukee, WI 53226Appointment Phone: (414) 607-5280
Office Phone 2: (877) 607-5280
Office Phone 3: (414) 266-2463
I am dedicated to the care of children and their ear, nose and throat needs. I am committed to the care of children with complex medical needs, and treat each child with the individualized care that he or she deserves.
I am a board-certified Otolaryngologist and Head and Neck Surgeon with accredited fellowship training and subspecialty certification in Complex Pediatric Otolaryngology. My clinical interests include complex airway management, airway reconstruction, sinonasal disorders, congenital head and neck masses, parotid masses, and thyroid/parathyroid disease.
As a mentor to medical students, residents, and fellows, I have strong interests in medical education and training future generations of physicians. Along with my clinical interests, I spend a large part of my time furthering the frontier of academic otolaryngology. For my research in pediatric otolaryngology and healthcare disparities, I have received the Shirley Baron Research Award from the Triological Society, and am a two-time recipient of the Charles Ferguson Research Award from the American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology.
- Complex Pediatric Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Areas of Interest
- Airway reconstructive surgeries
- Congenital head and neck masses
- Craniofacial irregularities
- Cerumen removal
- Dermoid cyst
- Deviated septum
- Foreign body in ear nose and airway
- Hearing disorders
- Hearing loss
- Neck abscess
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Otitis Externa Swimmer Ear
- Otitis media
- Salivary control
- Swallowing difficulties
- Tracheal disorders
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Vocal fold dysfunction
Education and Awards
- 2008, Duke University, BS
- 2012, University of Chicago (Pritzker Sch of Med, IL), MD
- 2017, UCLA Medical Center - Otolaryngology
- 2018, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago - Ped Otolaryngology
- 2022 Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Top Doctors
- 2021-2022 Rising Star, Castle Connolly Top Doctors
- 2021 MCW Outstanding Medical Student Teachers Pins and Letters Award, Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), Milwaukee, WI.
- 2020-2021 Exceptional Women in Medicine, Castle Connolly Top Doctors
- 2018 First Place Clinical Research Award, Department of Surgery, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Wisconsin of Chicago, Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine
- 2017 Distinguished Resident Award, UCLA Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2017 Triological Society Resident Travel Award, Triological Society 2017 Combined Sections Meeting, Western Section, New Orleans, LA.
- 2016 Charles Ferguson Clinical Research Award, Third Place - American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology (ASPO) 2016 Scientific Program, Combined Otolaryngological Spring Meeting (COSM), Chicago, IL.
- 2016 Triological Society Resident Travel Award, Triological Society 2016 Combined Otolaryngological Spring Meeting (COSM), Chicago, IL.
- 2016 Shirley Baron Resident Research Award, Triological Society 2016 Combined Sections Meeting, Western Section, Miami, FL.
- 2015 Distinguished Resident Award, UCLA Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2015 Triological Society Resident Travel Award, Triological Society 2016 Combined Sections Meeting, Western Section, Miami, FL.
- 2014 Charles Ferguson Clinical Research Award, Third Place - American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology (ASPO) 2014 Scientific Program, Combined Otolaryngological Spring Meeting (COSM), Las Vegas, NV.
- 2014 Excellence in Patient Centered Care, West LA Veteran’s Affairs Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
- 2012 Graduation with Honors, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- 2008 Magna Cum Laude, Duke University, Durham, NC
- 2008 Graduation with Distinction in Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC
Research and publications
Ratings and Reviews
Question rating breakdown