Heidi A Storm, PhD
- Child and Adolescent Psychologist, Children's Wisconsin
- Assistant Clinical professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, the Medical College of Wisconsin
Traumatic experiences can be extremely scary and distressing for a child. I provide assessment and treatment for children ages 2-18 who have been affected by child maltreatment and violence. I believe in the resilience of children. I involve caregivers and families in the treatment process with the goal of improving the mental health and functioning of the child.
I also treat children displaying disruptive behaviors such as aggression and tantrums. I believe in the importance of creating a strong parent-child relationship as the basis for improving a child’s behavior.
Areas of Interest
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Behavior Problems
- Behavioral Disorders
- Individual Psychotherapy
Education and Awards
- 1997, Milwaukee County Mental Health,
- 1993, University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI), M.S.
- 1997, University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI), PhD.