Martin K Wakeham, MD
- Associate professor, the Medical College of Wisconsin
Dr. Wakeham received his medical degree from Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (Lima, Peru), completed his residency at SUNY - Health Science Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY, where he served as a 4th year Chief Resident, and fellowship at Hope Children's Hospital, Oak Lawn, IL. Dr. Wakeham is active in Quality Improvement initiatives and has an especial interest on finding and decreasing unnecessary practice variability.
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
Areas of Interest
- Cardiac intensive care
Education and Awards
- 1990, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (Lima, Peru), MD
- 1998, SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn - PEDIATRIC PULMONOLOGY (PEDIATRICS)
- 2004, Advocate Christ Medical Center - PEDIATRIC CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE (PEDIATRICS)
- 5/1997 - Doris H Milman M.D. Award. Presented by the pediatric faculty of the Children's Medical Center of Brooklyn to (1) physician/year for outstanding dedication for the welfare of children
- 2011 & 2012 - Annual Faculty Teaching Award. Presented annually by MCW’s Pediatric Critical Care Fellows to one faculty member in recognition of outstanding excellence in and passion for teaching the art of healing in the application of critical care medicine.
- Best Doctors of America
Research and publications
Use of tracheotomy in the Pediatric Intensive Care Units among patients requiring prolonged mechanical ventilation