In this section
Our vision, mission & values
Our visionThe children of Wisconsin will be the healthiest in the nation.
CARE: Care, Advocacy, Research, Education
Our values and guiding behaviors
Our five values guide and inspire us. The guiding behaviors describe how we pursue our vision and mission. These actions demonstrate our passion, and show how much we care for and about children and families.
Purpose - We act in service of children and families
- I focus on what matters most to children and families.
- I am passionate about providing the safest and highest quality care.
- I hold myself and my colleagues accountable for high performance.
Collaboration - We work together to care for and about children and families
- I respect and value diverse backgrounds, styles and perspectives.
- I invite and recognize the strengths and contributions of others.
- I include people in decisions that impact them.
Integrity - We build confidence and trust in all interaction
- I assume positive intent and treat others with respect and compassion.
- I listen for understanding and communicate openly and honestly.
- I follow through on commitments and decisions.
Health - We are at our best
- I create an appreciative, fun and caring environment.
- I am aware of my own moods and cast a positive shadow.
- I make choices to achieve balance and well-being at work and at home.
Innovation - We commit to lifelong learning and continuous improvement
- I learn from children, families, colleagues and the community.
- I embrace curiosity, change and the open exchange of feedback.
- I am committed to improvement through personal and organizational learning.