In this section
Infant apnea and bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
The Infant Apnea and Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD) Program at Children's Wisconsin treats infants with respiratory issues including BPD and apnea. Our specialists work closely with primary care physicians and other health care professionals throughout Wisconsin to provide comprehensive pulmonary care for every child.
Our physicians specialize in treating respiratory issues including:
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Abnormal control of breathing
- Apnea of prematurity or infancy
- Periodic breathing
- Apparent life-threatening events
- Reflux-related respiratory events
Patients are continuously monitored and to make adjustments to their treatment that may include:
- Supplemental oxygen
- Medications such as bronchodilators, inhaled steroids, and diuretics
- Nutritional support
When further diagnostic procedures are needed, our specialists utilize:
- Cardiorespiratory monitors
- Infant lung function testing
- Fiberoptic bronchoscopy
For more information or to request an appointment, call (414) 607-5280 or toll free at (877) 607-5280.
To request an appointment or have questions, please call the Pulmonary Medicine Program:
About our Sleep Center
Meet Dr. D'Andrea and learn about our Sleep Center.