In this section
A guide to your child’s surgery
How many surgeries do you perform?
The Milwaukee campus has 14 operating rooms and three special procedure rooms. In one year, surgeons at Children's perform about 15,000 cases.
The Surgicenter has 6 operating rooms. In one year, surgeons perform about 5,000 procedures.
What types of surgeries do you perform?
Our surgeons perform a wide variety of surgeries, ranging from ear tubes to organ transplants. Many disorders that used to be life threatening or fatal, such as diaphragmatic hernias and heart problems, like hypoplastic left heart syndrome, can now be surgically treated with great results.
Getting ready for surgery
Recognized by the American College of Surgeons, our Level I verification represents the highest level of recognition for hospitals that perform complex surgical procedures in newborns and children.
- Talking with your child before surgery | En Español
- Getting ready for surgery | En Español
- Nothing by mouth or tube instructions | En Español
- Pre-op wash | En Español
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG) ® Cloths | En Español
- Surgical Site Infections (SSIs) | En Español
- Surgicenter: Preparing your child for surgery | En Español