In this section
96 hours after
- Take 4 walks in the hallway.
- Spend as much of the day out of bed as possible.
- If you didn’t go home yesterday, PT will work with you today and will let you know if your child is safe for discharge.
- No napping after 3pm to help your child sleep at night.
- Eat several small meals/snacks throughout the day.
- Drink as much water, sport drink, juice as possible.
- Continue medications for constipation.
- If loose stools or frequent stools, we will adjust constipation medicine.
- Scheduled oral ibuprofen & acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- Valium (diazepam) as needed to treat muscle spasm.
- Oxycodone as needed for pain
- We will make sure you are comfortable reinforcing the edges of the bandages if they roll up.
We will help you feel ready to go home today!
Speak to a nurse
Our nurse triage team is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to assist with appointments and referrals.
Get a second opinion
It's important to know what your options are. We can provide expert opinions to verify or give more information about an initial diagnosis. Contact the Spine program today.