In this section
96 hours after
- Take 4 walks in the hallway.
- Spend as much of the day out of bed as possible.
- If you didn’t go home yesterday, PT will work with you today and will let you know if your child is safe for discharge.
- No napping after 3pm to help your child sleep at night.
- Eat several small meals/snacks throughout the day.
- Drink as much water, sport drink, juice as possible.
- Continue medications for constipation.
- If loose stools or frequent stools, we will adjust constipation medicine.
- Scheduled oral ibuprofen & acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- Valium (diazepam) as needed to treat muscle spasm.
- Oxycodone as needed for pain
- We will make sure you are comfortable reinforcing the edges of the bandages if they roll up.
We will help you feel ready to go home today!
About our orthopedic care
Meet Dr. Thometz and learn about our Orthopedic Program.
Our nurse triage team is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to assist with appointments and referrals.
It's important to know what your options are. We can provide expert opinions to verify or give more information about an initial diagnosis. Contact the Spine program today.