In this section
What you can expect
Before your visit
- Bring detailed notes about pain/headaches
- Medical records from referral provider should be sent to the Pain & Headache Clinic
- Bring all medications (list and/or bottles/containers) to first appointment
- Complete ANY questionnaires we have sent to you before your visit.
- You must give 24 hours notice to change and/or cancel your scheduled appointment. This may prolong the time before the initial visit.
During your visit
- Expect many questions about pain/headache, general medical history, and family medical history
- Foreign language interpreter (including sign language) available if needed.
- Complete questionnaires, they serve as a foundation for the treatment plan and also done at the follow-up visits to see progress.
- The FLOW of the appointment (~ 1 ½ - 2 hours)
- Check in at front desk
- Height/weight, vital signs, medications reviewed
- The Doctor/Nurse Practitioner and Mental Health providers (the TEAM) will conduct a thorough interview with patient and family.
- Physical exam by Doctor/Nurse Practitioner with nurse/medical assistant present WHILE Mental Health provider speaks with family member(s).
- Mental health provider speaks with patient individually
- The team prepares a comprehensive plan and reviews with family
After your visit
- Clinic front desk to schedule follow-up appointment
- Recommend families sign up for My Chart
- If indicated (blood tests, EKG), completed the day of visit.
- If indicated (other tests/MRI, referrals), family will call Central Scheduling at (414) 607-5280 to schedule these at a later date.
- Families will be contacted about ALL test results
- Keep pain/headache diary
About our approach to pain management
Meet Dr. Weisman and learn about our approach to pain management.
To learn how we can help your child manage his or her pain, contact us or call to request an appointment.
Fax: (414) 266-1761