In this section
- Blood and marrow transplant
- Heart transplant program
- Pediatric Kidney Transplant Program
- Kidney transplant process
- Kidney transplantation
- Frequently asked questions
- Patient stories
- Our specialists
- For medical professionals
- Contact us
- Illness and transplantation adolescent issues
For medical professionals
Referrals at Children's
Children's kidney transplant program accepts referrals and consultation by phone.
For consults, referrals, and transport, call our Physician Call Center at (414) 266-2460 or toll-free at (800) 266-0366.
Kidney transplant fellowships at Children's
Fellowships are available at Children's in pediatric nephrology.
Continuing medical education at Children's
Continuing medical education in pediatric kidney transplant is a priority at Children's. We host Best Practices in Pediatrics CME conferences, offer on-demand archived webcasts of Practical Pediatrics Grand Rounds. Grand Rounds events and Grand Rounds videos. We also participate in additional conference and training programs and offer our online newsletter, Pediatric Rounds. The Children's joint transplant program also holds an annual Transplant Research Retreat with Froedtert Hospital & the Medical College of Wisconsin and the BloodCenter of Wisconsin.
Research and quality at Children's
Children's is involved in multiple of research studies and clinical trials related to pediatric kidney transplantation. In addition, our Quality Improvement initiatives include monthly clinical transplant meetings, an enhanced patient selection system, identification of determinates of survival based on identified risk factors, an updated immunization plan, and improved evaluation of post-transplant quality of life. Other Research and Quality Improvement initiatives include:
- North American Pediatric Renal Transplant Cooperative Study (NAPRTCS; Children's Wisconsin Association)
- Chronic Kidney Disease In Children Study (CKiD; NIH)
- Quality of Life Study and Vulnerability in Pediatric Solid Organ Transplant Recipients
- Parents of Pediatric Solid Organ Transplant Recipients: Transition to Home and Chronic Illness care
- Genotype as a Predictor of Mycophenolate Mofetil Related Toxicity in Pediatric Transplant Recipients (Midwest Pediatric Nephrology consortium)
- Vitamin D in Patients with Idiopathic Nephrotic Syndrome (Midwest Pediatric Nephrology Consortium)
- Prospective Longitudinal Database of Incident patients with Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (Children’s Research Institute)
- Urinary 20 HETE levels in Pediatric patients with PKD (Taisho)
- Understanding the Molecular Processes involved in Acute Kidney Injury Failure and Recovery (CRI)
- Polycystic Kidney Disease (CRI)
- Paricalcitol in Pediatric kidney disease; 2-phase 3 clinical studies; Abbott
Physician consultation line
Staffed 24 hours a day.
- Refer a patient
- Discuss a case
- Arrange a transport
- Direct admission
Toll-free: (800) 266-0366