In this section
Pharmacy internship program
Children's Wisconsin pharmacy internship program provides pharmacy students that have completed their second year of pharmacy school with opportunities to learn and contribute to pharmacy workflow alongside licensed pharmacists.
A candidate must be working towards a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy or a School of Pharmacy in the process of obtaining accreditation. Additionally, he or she must have completed the second year in pharmacy school as defined by the Pharmacy Examining Board.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the pharmacy interns will be
- Completing admission medication reconciliation with patients and families.
- Compounding and dispensing medication
- Answering drug information questions
- Working on selected projects for the pharmacy department
- Examples of past projects include: medication use evaluations, updating pediatric medication administration guides, and updating compatibility charts
Work hour expectations:
- May through August: Full time position (40 hours/week)
- Monday through Friday, 8 ½ hours per shift
- Day-shift hours with daily start times between 07:00 and 08:30
- Work rotating weekends (usually every third weekend) beginning once training is complete and continuing through the school year.
- May include some holiday work (typically when the holiday falls on the weekend scheduled to work)
Interested applicants can apply through the Children’s Wisconsin Careers page between November 1st and December 31st.
- Click the careers tab at the top of this page and search for pharmacy intern.
- Complete the application, including your CV and letter of intent
- Your CV and Letter of Intent should be attached in PDF format with your first and last name in the file name. Example: "Resume_FirstnameLastname.pdf"
Qualified applicants will be invited to interview at Children's Hospital in February-March
Back to Pharmacy Overview >>>