Julie Lavoie, PhD, CPNP, MSN, MS, RD
Accepting new patients
I have served in a variety of roles at Children’s Wisconsin since beginning my career here in 2006. As a dietitian, creating nutrition plans for patients of all ages is my passion. As a nurse scientist, I value best and safest practices grounded in research and as a nurse practitioner, there is nothing that means more to me than serving patients in the enteral feeding program. As a lifelong learner, I value educating families and forming a plan of care that is specialized for each patient and their needs. Being a leader in the development of the Enteral Feeding Program has been the highlight of my career. Working with this team to bring a gold standard of care to every family with a child that needs enteral feeding allows me to use my unique skillset to better serve infants and children in this community and improve their health and well-being.
My husband and daughter are the light of my life and we enjoy being outside in all seasons and staying active. My hobbies include geocaching, running, camping and reading.
- Enteral feeding program
Education and Awards
- 2020, Marquette University, PhD
- 2019, Marquette University, PNP
- 2016, Marquette University, MSN
- 2013, Medical College of Wisconsin, MS
- 2004, Mount Mary University, BS
- 2018 Heart Hero Award Conquering CHD
- 2016 Employee of the Month, Children’s Wisconsin
- 2010 Dietitian Excellence Award, Children’s Wisconsin