Bruce A Kaufman, MD
- Professor, the Medical College of Wisconsin
Accepting new patients
After his neurosurgery training in Cleveland Ohio, Dr. Kaufman completed a fellowship in Pediatric Neurosurgery at Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago with Dr. David McLone. His first 10 years in practice was spent at the St. Louis Children’s Wisconsin/Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. Kaufman has been at the Children’s Wisconsin since 2000.
His pediatric neurosurgical practice includes general pediatric neurosurgery, but with particular interests in pediatric neuro-oncology (brain tumors, spinal cord tumors), craniosynostosis and craniofacial surgery, spinal dysplasia (spina bifida, tethered cords) and the surgical treatments for spasticity (rhizotomy and baclofen pumps).
Dr. Kaufman has been an active member of national neurosurgical and surgical organizations, including the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), the Joint Section of Pediatric Neurosurgery (of the CNS/AANS), the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery (ISPN), the Section of Neurological Surgery (SONS) of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the Society of Neurosurgery.
Dr. Kaufman works as a part of a team – that includes other pediatric neurosurgeons, physician assistants, and nurses. His goal is that each patient can have their neurosurgical problems addressed at our institution, if not by him then by his team.
- Neurological Surgery, Pediatric Neurological Surgery
Areas of Interest
- Cerebral palsy
- Chiari malformation
- Lipoma of spinal cord
- Spasticity baclofen pump selective dorsal rhizotomy
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal dysraphism
- Tethered spinal cord
Education and Awards
- 1982, Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH),
- 1988, Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) - Neurosurgery
- 1989, Children's Memorial Hospital (Chicago, IL) - Pediatric Neurosurgery
- 1989, Northwestern University Medical Center (Illinois) - Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Milwaukee Magazine Top Doctors
- President – American Society of Pediatric Neurosurgeons
- Chair – Joint Section of Pediatric Neurosurgery (of the American Association of Neurological Surgery/Congress of Neurological Surgery)
- Best Doctors in America
Research and publications
Ratings and Reviews
Question rating breakdown