Marlene D Melzer-Lange, MD
- Program director, Project Ujima, Children's Wisconsin
- Professor, Emergency Medicine, the Medical College of Wisconsin
8915 W. Connell CourtMilwaukee, WI 53226
Dr. Melzer-Lange is a board certified pediatric emergency medicine physician. She has a special interest in the care of adolescents in the emergency department, injury prevention and the care of violently-injured youth. She looks for opportunities to improve care in the pediatric emergency department, including team building, flow, and aftercare of patients who are discharged from the emergency department.
Dr. Melzer-Lange’s research interests include violence prevention in the community setting, outcomes of youth who have been violently injured, and emergency department screening of adolescents for protective and risk factors including violence, mental health, and drug and alcohol. She provides advocacy for patients and families through her work on the American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Violence, Injury and Poisoning Prevention, the Wisconsin Medical Society and the Milwaukee County Medical Society. She enjoys working with residents and medical students to help them learn how to optimally care for the child and family. Dr. Melzer-Lange is a strong advocate for patients and families as they present to the pediatric emergency department.
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics
Areas of Interest
- Emergency medicine
Education and Awards
- 1975, Medical College of Wisconsin,
- 1978, Medical College of Wisconsin - Pediatrics
- Best Doctors in America
- Milwaukee Top Doctors 2013
- Distinguished Service Award, 2009, Medical College of Wisconsin