In this section
Things from home
What should I bring from home?
Familiar things can help a child who is in the hospital. You may bring special toys, movies, pictures, posters, games, books or other items. For the safety of your child, toys with sharp edges are not allowed. You are responsible for the items you bring from home.
- Your health insurance or medical card.
- A list of all medicines your child takes.
- The name and phone number of your child's primary care doctor.
- Your child's vaccine record.
Do I need to bring money with me to the hospital?
Parents may buy food and other items at Children's. You can use cash or credit/debit cards in most places. An automated teller machine (ATM) is located near the entrance to the hospital and in Children's Clinics Building.
What should be left at home?
You should leave these things at home:
- Toys with sharp edges
- Small toys with parts that can be swallowed
- Toys that make sparks
- Latex balloons
- Baby walkers
- Personal items of value
- Live animals