In this section
Creative Arts Therapies
The Creative Arts Therapies team supports the cognitive, emotional, physical, mental health and social well-being of patients and families. The Creative Arts Therapies team consists of art therapy and music therapy, each offering a unique approach to supporting kids and families.
Art therapy and music therapy’s unique ability to combine both verbal and non-verbal expression make them particularly accessible to those struggling to express their thoughts and feelings.
Creative Arts Therapists support kids and families receiving inpatient care at Children’s Wisconsin’s main campus. Please connect with your treatment team to learn if Art Therapy or Music Therapy is available on the unit on which your child is receiving care.
Art Therapists and Music Therapists support patients, siblings, and caregivers in individual and family sessions to:
- Encourage self-expression
- Promote body awareness
- Non-pharmacological symptom management
- Promote insight and understanding of thoughts and feelings related to hospitalization
- End of life understanding and grief support
- And more
Support Creative Arts Therapies
You can support our Creative Arts Therapies program by making an online donation. Select Other in the gift designation field and type in Creative Arts Therapies.
See our wish list for program supplies
To find out more information about Art Therapy and Music Therapy, including educational requirements, related fieldwork, student resources, and requirements for certification, please visit:
Chat with a creative arts therapist
Interested in a career in Art or Music Therapy, but not sure where to start? Check out these available resources:
1. If you are interested in gaining more experience working with children and families in a pediatric healthcare setting, please visit our Volunteer Services website for requirements and application information.
2. To honor our patients’ privacy, we are unable to offer a job shadowing experience with the Creative Arts Therapies team. However, members of our team are happy to speak with high school and college students who are considering a career as an Art Therapist or Music Therapist to discuss the field and answer any questions you may have.
If you are a high school senior or college level student actively pursuing a career in Art or Music Therapy, please complete the “Chat with a Creative Arts Therapist” interest form. A member of the team will connect with you to set up a time to chat.
- If you have additional questions, please email CreativeArtsTherapies@ChildrensWi.org
Undergraduate creative arts practicum
We appreciate your patience as we enhance the undergraduate creative arts practicum experience.
Please check back in the future for available opportunities.
Please contact CreativeArtsTherapies@ChildrensWi.org with any questions. Thank you!
Go to MyChart
If you are a registered user or have an access code you want to use, go to MyChart.