Kerri D Becktell, MD
- Pediatric Oncology, Children's Wisconsin
- Assistant Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin
Accepting new patients
I strive to provide thoughtful, comprehensive and patient centered care to all patients that I see both in the inpatient and outpatient settings. I have two major focuses within pediatric oncology: providing care for newly diagnosed solid tumors and leading a multidisciplinary team to care for children who have a genetic predisposition to cancer. This multidisciplinary clinic is in early development, with the goal of provided genetic counseling and follow up care to patients and their families who may have genetic characteristics that increase their risk of developing any type of pediatric cancer.
Education and Awards
- 2013, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, MD
- 2016, McGaw Med Ctr of Northwestern Univ - Pediatrics
- 2019, Medical College of Wisconsin - Pediatric Hemostasis-Thrombosis
Research and publications
- Long term outcomes for Osteosarcoma Survivors: A report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study (CCSS)
- Developmental Differences in Health Related Quality of Life Outcomes for Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Childhood Cancer Survivors.
- Anxiety Related Outcomes in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Primary Care Providers Self-Reported Comfort Level in Identifying and Managing Pediatric Cancer Predisposition Patient
Refereed Journal Publications/Original Papers
- Badaway, S, Becktell, K, Muller, W and Schneiderman, “Aspergillus thyroiditis: first antemortem case diagnosed by fine-needle aspiration culture in a pediatric stem cell transplant patient” J. Transpl Infect Dis. 2016. Dec 17 (6): 868-71
- Becktell K, Houser K, Burke MJ. “Epigenetic Therapy in a Patient with Down Syndrome and Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia” J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2018. April 17.
- Ehrhardt,M, Chen Y, Sandlund J, Bluhm E, Hayashi R, Becktell K, Leisenring W, Metzger M, Ness K, Krull K, Oeffinger K, Gibson T,Cairo M, Gross T, Robison L, Armstrong G, Yasui Y, Hudson M and Mulrooney D. “Late health outcomes following contemporary Lymphome Malin de Burkitt therapy for B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study” JCO, submitted for review 2/2019
Books, Chapters, and Reviews
- Taraseviciute, A*, Broglie, L*, Phelan R, Bhatt, N, Becktell, K, Burke MJ. “In the Age of Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cell Therapy what is the Role of Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation (HCT) for Pediatric Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)?”. J Pediatr Hematol (accepted pending revisions)
- Becktell, K, Berlyne, D, Pagliuca, S, Pierri F, Pommert, L, Prata P. “Aplastic Anemia & MDS International (AA&MDSIF): Bone Marrow Failure Disease Scientific Symposium 2018”. Leuk Res 2019 Mar 20:80:19-25