In this section
Visiting our Milwaukee campus
Welcome to Children's Wisconsin's Milwaukee campus! We provide care designed to meet the unique needs of your child and your family. We believe kids deserve the best.
- Stay up to date on our most recent visitor guidelines.
An important construction notice:
- We’ve begun a multi-year construction project on our campus. Refer to this map for the latest routes on campus.
While the information found here is meant to help you during your child's visit to our Milwaukee campus facility, if you have any questions or concerns, please ask your child's care providers for help or contact Patient Relations at (414) 266-7848.
Beginning June 14: Ramp closures on the Milwaukee campus:
To complete some work for the Zoo Interchange Project, there will be long-term closures of the eastbound and westbound Watertown Plank ramps to I-41 NB. Delays are expected. The ramps will reopen on Aug. 1.
Video: Take a tour of our new Craig Yabuki Tower
Children's Wisconsin encourages partnerships with open, ongoing communication between family members and healthcare staff. Our goal is to support families in their caregiving roles by building on their strengths.
You play an important role in helping your child get better. You are a key player.
We also ask that you:
- Know who is in charge of your child's care
- Make sure all health professionals involved in your child's care have important information about his or her health history. This includes medicines, allergies and reactions, immunizations, developmental needs, past surgeries, or hospital admissions.
- Ask why each test of procedure is being done and when the results will be available
- Have a family member or friend with you to help support you in your child's care. Choose someone who can help get things done and speak up for you when you cannot.
- Insist all care providers who have direct contact with your child clean their hands first
- Have the doctor explain the home treatment plan when your child is being discharged from the hospital. If you don't understand, ask for more information.
- Participate in daily rounds with the healthcare team
We release information about a child only when authorized by a parent or legal guardian. Information will not be given to friends, other relatives, or the news media without consent from a legal guardian.
The nurses caring for your child are among the best. Children's Wisconsin has earned the nation's highest nursing honor -- Magnet status -- from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We've earned this designation for three consecutive four-year periods. That means we attract and retain the nation's top nurses.
Additional information about Children's Milwaukee campus
Make an appointment
Go to MyChart
If you are a registered user or have an access code you want to use, go to MyChart.
Children's Compass is a free app that helps you find your way around Children's Wisconsin's Milwaukee campus and provides you with valuable information for your stay.