In this section
English l En Español
Who can visit
On Thursday, Nov. 2, the following visitor guidelines will take effect.
- In our Milwaukee and Fox Valley hospitals: Two individuals age 12 and older are allowed at the bedside. Up to five individuals are allowed on a patient’s visitor list, and that list must remain the same for the patient’s entire stay.
- COVID-19-positive patients: Two adults are allowed at the bedside at a time. Two adults are allowed on a patient’s visitor list. These two names must remain the same for the entire stay.
- COVID-19-exposed patients: Two adults are allowed at the bedside at a time. Four adults are allowed on a patient’s visitor list. These four names must remain the same for the entire stay.
- In our Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Units: Two individuals can be at the bedside at a time. Only siblings age 12 and older may visit and must be accompanied by a parent. Up to five individuals are allowed on a patient’s visitor list, and that list must remain the same for the patient’s entire stay.
- In our Primary Care, Urgent Care, Emergency Department, Specialty Care, imaging, outpatient laboratories, therapies and community services: Two individuals of any age may accompany a patient or client.
- In our Surgicenter and surgical services on the Milwaukee campus: Two adults (age 18 and older) may accompany the patient.
Masking and self-screening
Masks are optional at Children’s Wisconsin locations
If you’re feeling sick, or if you’ve been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 10 days, you must wear a mask. Otherwise, wearing a mask is optional. We’ll continue to provide masks at our entrances for those who want them.
We want all families to feel comfortable while in our care. If you wear a mask, your care team will wear a mask while providing care for your child.
Self-screen for symptoms of illness before you visit
Everyone must screen themselves for symptoms of illness, such as COVID-19 and flu, before entering our locations. This includes patients, visitors, vendors and our staff and providers.
Screen yourself with these two questions.
- Have you tested positive for COVID in the past 10 days?
- Do you have any of these symptoms?
- Chills or fever
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle, body aches or headache
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
If you answered no to both questions, you can safely enter our locations.
If you answered yes to either question, consider talking to your child’s care team.