Jacqueline M Kawa, PhD
- Child and Adolescent Psychologist
Building a trusting and supportive therapeutic alliance with families is Dr. Kawa's first priority. She wants her patients and their families to feel heard and understood so that she can best support them in setting and reaching their goals, function to their highest capabilities, and ultimately FEEL better and more effective in their daily lives. Effective communication and family involvement are integral in changing youth behavior, and Dr. Kawa strives to include parents as much as possible in their child's treatment at our clinic. In providing evidence-based and research-informed psychological assessment and intervention services, she meets a family where they are at in terms of their motivation and correct situation surrounding their child's mental health concerns.
Areas of Interest
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Behavior Problems
- Behavioral Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Developmental delays
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Social Inclusion and Diversity
- Temper Tantrums
Education and Awards
- 2015, Boys Town Behavioral Health Clinic, PhD.
- 2014, University of Wisconsin-Madison, PhD.
- 2005, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, BA