Megan Van Hoorn , MS, RD, CSP, CD
- Clinical dietitian specialist, Children's Wisconsin
My favorite part of working in Feeding Team is watching kids and families make progress towards their goals.
- Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition
Areas of Interest
- Failure to thrive
- Feeding Disorders
- Clinical nutrition
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Education and Awards
- 2017, Mount Mary University, Masters of Science in Dietetics, MS
- 2010, University of Wisconsin-Madison, BS
- 2011, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
Research and publications
Smith, A., Feuling, M. B., Larson-Nath, C., Karls, C., Van Hoorn, M., Walia, C. L., ... & Martinez, A. (2016). Laboratory Monitoring of Children on Home Parenteral Nutrition A Prospective Study. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, 0148607116673184.
Walia, C., Van Hoorn, M., Edlbeck, A., & Feuling, M. B. (2017). The registered dietitian nutritionist’s guide to homemade tube feeding. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 117(1), 11-16.
Larson-Nath, C., Mavis, A., Duesing, L., Van Hoorn, M., Walia, C., Karls, C., & Goday, P. S. (2019). Defining Pediatric Failure to Thrive in the Developed World: Validation of a Semi-Objective Diagnosis Tool. Clinical Pediatrics, 58(4), 446-452.