Charles B Rothschild, MD
Dr. Rothschild is board-certified in Pediatric Critical Care and Palliative Care Medicine. Having cared for many children across the disease spectrum, he continues to strive towards providing the most compassionate care possible to every patient and family, regardless of diagnosis or prognosis.
He is motivated by a keen recognition of just how hard it is to have a critically-ill family member, and how traumatic the experience can be for parents, siblings, and other family members. He is active in research to try to better understand families’ experiences, and to learn from them how they prefer to be cared for, and how we can continually improve our systems of care accordingly.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Pediatrics
Areas of Interest
- Critical care
- Palliative care
Education and Awards
- 2010, Medical College of Wisconsin, MD
- 2014, University of Pennsylvania Health System - Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- 2017, McGaw Med Ctr of Northwestern Univ - Pediatric Critical Care Medicine (Pediatrics)
- 2018, University of Washington School of Medicine - Hospice & Palliative Medicine