Joan C Arvedson, PhD
Areas of Interest
- Speech Pathology
- Feeding Disorders
- Infant feeding
- Swallowing difficulties
Education and Awards
- , University of Wisconsin Madison, MS
- Award for Outstanding Women in Medicine - Children’s Wisconsin of Buffalo, 1996.
- New York State Clinical Achievement Award – 1998 (New York’s 1998 Nominee for ASHA’s Louis M. DiCarlo Clinical Achievement Award) - 1998.
- Distinguished Service – Speech and Hearing Association of Western New York (SHAWNY), 2000
- Distinguished Service - Department of Otolaryngology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sceinces, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2001
- The Sylvan E. Stool Award for Outstanding Lifetime Contributions to Teaching and Service in the Field of Ear, Nose and Throat Advances in Children, 2001 (Presented at SENTAC Meeting, San Diego, CA. 12-01-01).
- Honors of the Association – New York State Speech-Language Hearing Association (Presented at Annual Convention, Rochester, NY, April 27, 2002).
- Wisconsin State Clinical Achievement Award (Wisconsin’s 2003 Nominee for ASHA’s Louis M. DiCarlo Clinical Achievement Award) – 2003
- Academy of Neurologic Communication Disorders and Sciences (ANCDS) Special Recognition Award – 2008