Children's Wisconsin is the largest and most experienced pediatric rheumatology care provider in Wisconsin. We offer multidisciplinary, family-focused care, and treatment for children coping with a wide range of rheumatologic conditions.
The Rheumatology Clinic at Children’s provides state-of-the-art comprehensive care to our patients. Established in 1979, the clinic has 3500-4000 patient visits per year.
Coordinated care, personalized treatment
As the most experienced pediatric rheumatology team in Wisconsin, our board certified pediatric rheumatologists are trained specifically to provide care for children with a wide range of rheumatic diseases. Our Pediatric multi-disciplinary team includes:
- Rheumatology fellows
- Nurse practitioner
- Social workers
- Physical and occupational therapists
Our approach engages the whole family. We emphasize shared decision-making to ensure everyone gets the education, support and peace of mind they need. The Pediatric rheumatology team is involved in a variety of initiatives including:
- Rainbow Camp, a single day camp for children with arthritis 5-18 and their siblings
- The Arthritis Foundation of Wisconsin’s annual family education day
- Family support group in collaboration with the Arthritis Foundation
- The Lupus Foundation of Wisconsin’s annual educational events
- Arthritis Foundation: Kids Get Arthritis Too
- We network with your child’s school to ensure that he or she is successful in the academic environment. In addition school visits may be arranged for newly established school-age patients as needed.
- Working with established college-age patients to manage their health care needs related to their rheumatic disease while at college
We provide pediatric electives for medical students, residents, fellows, and advanced practice nurses.
Rheumatic diseases can affect children of all ages. There is a wide range of disease severity. Children’s Wisconsin treats a comprehensive list of rheumatic conditions that may affect your child, including:
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Juvenile Dermatomyositis
- Pediatric Vasculitis
- Uveitis/iritis (partnering with your ophthalmologist)
- Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Periodic Fever Syndromes
- Infection-Related Reactive Arthritis
- Behcet’s Disease
Treatments and tests
Our dedicated, experienced rheumatology team is staffed and trained to provide and coordinate all aspects of your child’s care and treatment, which may include:
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Eye Care
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
Children's is at the forefront of pediatric rheumatology research. We strive to bring children the latest and best treatments and medications available. The pediatric rheumatology service as active basic science and clinical research that supports our clinical mission. Our pediatric rheumatologists and nurse practitioner are all members of the American College of Rheumatology and actively participate in clinical research including:
- Clinical trials
- Clinical research
- Basic science and translational research
- Registry studies
- Quality improvement initiatives
Make an appointment
To make an appointment, call our Central Scheduling team or request an appointment online.