Dec 21, 2020
Thumbs up! Top 10 social media posts of 2020
As COVID-19 changed so much of our lives, and how we deliver care, in 2020, one thing remained as constant as ever — our kids continued to inspire us with their perseverance, smiles and love. From an unexpected birthday gift to cute newborns spreading Easter joy, enjoy our top 10 most popular social media posts from 2020.
- One of 6-year-old Mason’s final memories, cruising around in a motorized car, spreading smiles through the hallways.
- Little Adonis relaxing all cool and winning the hearts of his entire care team.
- Colton’s scary brush with RSV and a stay in our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit that saw him home and well before Christmas 2019.
- 45 days in the hospital, seven surgeries, 27 days on a ventilator, two life-threatening emergencies, 10 days with an open abdomen, and one life-saving donation. Today, Alex is home and well.
- Twins Evie and Zoey spent three weeks in the NICU after being born six weeks early and have been working hard to meet their milestones.
- At age 6, Knowledge undergoes regular treatment and visits to care for his sickle cell diagnosis, with his favorite superhero at his side.
- Born nine weeks early, doctors feared that Brianna Jr. might have some birth defects due to Mom’s ongoing treatment for cancer. This young lady has continued to prove them wrong.
- 4-year-old Micah’s birthday present was meeting Ben, the organ donor who saved his life.
- At 11, Lorelai’s diagnosis of brittle bone disease means she has suffered more broken bones than most do in a lifetime — 70. Still, what this girl is known for is her compassion and love for life.
- Our Children’s Wisconsin Hospital-Fox Valley NICU nursing team shared a little Easter love and cuteness with us all.
Check out our other year-in-review posts
Top 10 (non-COVID-19) blog posts from 2020
Extra! Extra! Top 10 media stories of 2020