In this section
Patients and families
- Visiting the Milwaukee campus
- Visiting the Fox Valley campus
- Before your visit
- During your stay
- Safety and guidelines
- Educational resources
- Billing and payment information
- Insurance information
- Compliments and concerns
- Mobile apps
- Medical records information
- Request an appointment
- Skywalk Pharmacy
- Visitor guidelines
- Doctors' Day
We encourage family members to be involved in their child's care decisions and we listen carefully to each patient's family because parents know their child best. We offer space for parents to sleep and shower so they can stay close to their children.
Some unique aspects of our pediatric unit include:
- Specially trained doctors and nurses – Children’s Wisconsin is the only hospital in the Fox Valley with a pediatrician specially trained in hospital care of children on site 24/7. And more than 75 percent of our primary nurses are certified pediatric nurses. In addition, pediatric specialists from Children's Wisconsin in Milwaukee are available for consultation.
- Child life specialists – Being in the hospital can be scary. That’s why we have child life specialists on site who help children cope with their hospital stay and procedures through play, preparation, teaching and support.
- Social work staff – We have staff who are educated and licensed to help families deal with issues related to having a child who is sick or injured. They can help you with community referrals and financial resources that can provide your family with support and necessary services.
- Short stay procedures room - A special area designed for IV infusion patients.
- Playroom - We have a special playroom with toys, movies, video games and books to help children during their hospital stay.
- Procedure room - Whenever possible, we do procedures in a special treatment room. This helps your child feels safe in his or her hospital room because nothing scary or uncomfortable happens where they sleep or rest.
Make an appointment
To make an appointment, call our Central Scheduling team or request an appointment online.
Go to MyChart
If you are a registered user or have an access code you want to use, go to MyChart.