In this section
Play and sports safety
Playground falls are the leading cause of injury in children ages 5 to 9 years. One in three children who plays a team sport is injured seriously enough to miss practice or games. Following are resources to keep kids of all ages safe at play.
Sports safety tips
- Ice skating, skiing, snowboarding and sledding safety
- Back-to-school sports safety
- Signs, symptoms and treatment
- Wisconsin’s Concussion Law
- Return to Learn professional development e-learning course for educators. Return to Learn is the the process of getting an injured student back into the classroom and academics after sustaining a concussion.
KidsHealth: A searchable for parents (English and Spanish)
If you have questions about injury prevention topics or the Children’s Wisconsin Safety Center, please call or email us.