In this section
In addition to our programs and clinics, the Genetics and Genomics Program at Children's Wisconsin offers:
- Teaching and training of professionals in genetics and related fields
- Collaboration with local, national and international experts
- Involvement in clinical research studies
- Collaboration with the Medical College of Wisconsin and the Reproductive Medicine Clinic at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
- A Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis Program to test embryos for certain genetic conditions before implantation
- Prenatal testing and counseling, including chorionic villus sampling (CVS)
Volunteer or donate
Your gift of time or money can help children receiving care throughout our programs.
For more information, we encourage you to review the following organizations and support groups:
- American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Genetics - A site that lists AAP guidelines for health care supervision for children with common genetic conditions.
- American College of Medical Genetics
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- Gene tests - An online genetic resource that contains a directory of genetics and prenatal diagnosis clinics in the United States.
- Genetics Home Reference
- March of Dimes
- National Human Genome Research Institute
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Unique - The Rare Chromosome Disorder Support Group
- Wisconsin Newborn Screening Laboratory