In this section
Get a second opinion
Children’s Wisconsin can provide an expert opinion to verify or give you more information about the original diagnosis. We may be able to offer a different perspective and give you more information. We have experience with a wide variety of genetic conditions.
Obtaining a second opinion
There are two ways to get started:
- Fill out our Request a Second Opinion Form to provide some basic information, and a member of our team will contact you to get the process started.
- Call us at (414) 607-5280 or toll-free at (877) 607-5290 and we’ll get the information we need to make an appointment with the specialist who best fits your needs.
Still have questions about getting a second opinion?
Why should I get a second opinion?
The urge to start treatment right away is common. A second opinion can make sure the treatment plan is appropriate and that you aren’t missing other options. The more information you have, the better the choices you will make to help your child. Even if treatment already has started, a second opinion can help guide your child’s care.
Is a second opinion covered by insurance?
Most insurance plans cover second opinions, but it’s always a good idea to check your coverage to be sure. If you need help with that, just call us at (414) 607-5280 or toll-free at (877) 607-5290.
What information do I need to set up a second opinion appointment?
You will be asked to provide the medical history and background on your child, including:
- The child’s age, address, family information and insurance coverage
- The name and contact information for your child’s current physician
- Medical history and past physical examination results
- Medication list
- Results of any related tests
- Any procedure or operative reports
Gain the peace of mind provided by a second opinion on any pediatric genetics concerns you might have. Call or fill out the online form today and start the process.
Make an appointment
To make an appointment, call our Central Scheduling team or request an appointment online.