In this section
There are many different types of chromosome abnormalities that require clinical care by a physician or other healthcare professional. Listed in the directory below are some, for which we have provided a brief overview.
- Overview of Chromosome Abnormalities
- Types of Chromosome Abnormalities
- Numerical Abnormalities: Overview of Trisomies and Monosomies
- Structural Abnormalities: Deletions (Cri du Chat) and Duplications (Pallister Killian)
- How Chromosome Abnormalities Happen: Meiosis, Mitosis, Maternal Age, Environment
- Chance a Chromosome Abnormality Will Occur Again: Numerical, Structural (Inherited and De Novo), Mosaicism