In this section
Our Neurosciences research teams not only collaborate with local organizations such as Children's Research Institute and The Medical College of Wisconsin, but they also work with Children's Wisconsins across the country to enhance the care for pediatric neurological disorders. Neurosurgical research is conducted in collaboration with the Neurosciences Research Laboratory, a division of Neurosurgery at The Medical College of Wisconsin. The lab occupies more than 25,000 square feet of space and employs eight doctorate-level researchers and 20 support staff for federally and privately funded research.
The Institutional Review Board at Children's Wisconsin carefully reviews all studies to ensure our patients' safety.
Active clinical trials
Clinical trials open and close regularly, and new trials are continually in development. For the most current information, please contact our Pediatric Neurology Research Staff at (414) 266-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled Efficacy and Safety Study of Ataluren in Patients with Nonsense Mutation Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and Open-Label Extension
- A Multi-center, Randomized, Parallel Group, Double Blind, Multiple Dose, Placebo Controlled Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of MNK-1411 in Male Subjects 4 to 8 Years of Age with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- A Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial Evaluation the Safety and Efficacy of Intravenous Delivery of Allogeneic Cardiosphere-Derived Cells in Subjects with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT) for the treatment of neurofibromatosis
Recent clinical trials have included:
- Collecting and storing blood and brain tumor tissue samples from children with brain tumors
- Effect of early rest on recovery from pediatric concussion
- Coping skills training for children with chronic health conditions such as epilepsy
- Evaluation of treatment options for childhood absence epilepsy
- Comparison of radiation therapy regimens in combination with chemotherapy in treating young patients with newly diagnosed standard-risk medulloblastoma
Want to get involved? Find a list of all the current studies at Children's Research Institute or learn more about research at Children's:
Please contact our Pediatric Neurology Research Staff at
It's important to know what your options are. We can provide expert opinions to verify or give more information about an initial diagnosis. Contact us today.
Harry Whelan, MD, honored for undersea medical work. Read his story in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.