In this section
Scheduled video visits
Secure video visits
Your child's health is important, and there is no place like home. If you and your care team agree, you may be invited to have a visit via video. You will be able to talk directly with the care team through live, secure, interactive video.
Note: This service is only for some specialties today.
Before your visit
If you and your care team agree to a video visit, there are a few things you'll need to do first.
MyChart account access
You must have active MyChart accounts for you and your child. If you do not have a MyChart account, setup your MyChart account now.
If you are a foster family or non-English speaking family, you will not use MyChart for your video visit. Please view Foster parents and non-English speaking family video visits.
Mobile device suggested
We suggest using mobile devices like Android or iOS to get a good connection to the video visit. You may be able to connect through a Windows or Mac desktop computer, but hardware and security issues may happen.
Once your visit is scheduled, you can take some steps before your visit to make sure the experience is smooth.
1. Download the MyChart mobile app. Log in to your Children's Wisconsin MyChart account.
2. Download the ZOOM mobile app. You only need to download the app. You do not need to register for an account in ZOOM.
3. System check
Once you have done your MyChart and ZOOM downloads, test the app on the device you plan to use for your video visit. Open a test meeting to make sure you can connect: https://www.zoom.us/test
(Note: nobody else will join this meeting, so you can close it after you connect.)
You can do this step on your computer or using the MyChart app up to 7 days before your visit. Have your insurance info and a list of your child's medicines handy.
- Log into MyChart
- Make sure you have selected your child
- Open the "Appointments" page
- From the upcoming visit, select "Check-in"
- Complete the "Check-in" questionnaire; you will update any patient info
On the day of your scheduled visit
Go to a quiet spot with that is well lit and has a strong WiFi or cellular data signal. Connect up to 15 minutes before your scheduled visit time. If you are unable to start your visit at your scheduled time, we may not be able to see you. Your provider may be running late. Please stay connected until they arrive.
- Step 1: Log in with the MyChart app
- Step 2: Select your child's name
- Step 3: Open the "Appointments" page
- Step 4: From the upcoming visit, select "Begin video visit"
- Step 5: The ZOOM app will launch on its own and connect you with your provider
Support and Troubleshooting
If you are having issues with your video visit, call 414-250-7045
- Video visit preparation instructions (PDF)
- Frequently asked questions about your telephone or video visit (PDF)
- Troubleshooting tips (PDF)
These forms are for reference only. You do not need to submit these forms. If your consent to treatment is not already on file, your verbal consent will be taken when you schedule your visit.