In this section
Pharmacy internship program
Children's Wisconsin Pharmacy Internship Program offers an opportunity for pharmacy students who have completed their second year of pharmacy school to start applying the clinical skills they have learned and gain experience working in an academic hospital inpatient setting.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the pharmacy intern completes admission medication reconciliation, staffs the IV room pharmacist shift, reviews provider orders for accuracy and compatibility, maintains necessary records on the disposition of controlled substances, and performs related duties as assigned.
Additional duties include:
- Compounding and dispensing drugs as prescribed
- Answering drug information questions
- Working on selected projects for the pharmacy department
- Examples of past projects include: medication use evaluations, updating pediatric medication administration guides, and updating compatibility charts
Qualified applicants will have completed their second year of pharmacy school education by June 1st of the year in which the internship is to begin and are enrolled at a professional Doctor of Pharmacy degree-granting institution located in the United States.
- May through August: Full-time position (40 hours/week)
- Monday through Friday, 8 ½ hours per shift
- Day-shift hours with daily start times between 07:00 and 08:30
- Availability to work rotating weekends during the third year of pharmacy school is highly preferred
Interested applicants are invited to send their résumé and a Letter of Intent to Tom Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org), pharmacy residency program director and pharmacy clinical services manager at Children's between December 15 and January 31.
- Please write "Internship Application FirstName LastName" in the subject line of the email.
- Your CV and Letter of Intent should be attached in PDF format with your first and last name in the file name. Example: "Resume_FirstnameLastname.pdf"
Qualified applicants will be invited to interview at Children's in March.
For additional information on our pharmacy internship programs:
Tom Nelson, PharmD, RPh
Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator
Investigational Drug Services Pharmacist
Department of Pharmacy, MS 730
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
(414) 266-2838 | email@example.com
Back to Pharmacy Overview >>>