In this section
Visiting the Milwaukee campus
- Building for kids
- Hospital visits for staying at least one night
- Find your way around the Milwaukee Campus
- Guide to your child's surgery
- Outpatient visit (going home the same day)
- About Children's Wisconsin's Milwaukee Campus
- Getting to the hospital
- Checking in
- Milwaukee Campus tours
- Planning your visit
- Social support for patients
- Special group or entertainment visits
- Family involvement
- Your child's healthcare team
Family Advisory Committee
Children's Wisconsin's Family Advisory Committee is made up of parents and hospital staff. The committee meets every six weeks to talk about ways to improve care, communication between staff and families and services at Children's Wisconsin.
Parents do not need specific experience to be on this committee, however, they should be:
- Positive and able to share and see different points of view
- Good listeners
- Enthusiastic about the hospital's mission of providing excellent care
- Able to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way
For more information, email or call Lori Albers at email@example.com or (414) 266-3198.
Families Partners Program
The Family Partners Program asks parents to give input and ideas to make services better for all families. Family partners may volunteer to:
- Sit on a committee
- Give thoughts and ideas as part of a small group
- Review policies and procedures
- Review educational materials
- Give presentations to hospital staff from the family perspective
You may choose the activities that best fit your interests and schedule.
If you're interested in joining the Family Partners Program, you can fill out the form here.
The E-advisory Team offers patient and client families a way to provide feedback to us electronically – on their schedule and without having to leave their home! Anyone who has experienced services or care throughout the Children’s system is welcome and encouraged to join. Members of the team:
- Are expected to answer a minimum of six questionnaires per year
- Will not receive more than two questionnaires per month
- Can opt out at any time, and more
For more information about these opportunities, call (414) 266-5699.
Make an appointment
To make an appointment, call our Central Scheduling team or request an appointment online.
Go to MyChart
If you are a registered user or have an access code you want to use, go to MyChart.
Children's Compass is a free app that helps you find your way around Children's Wisconsin's Milwaukee campus and provides you with valuable information for your stay.