In this section
Family Advisory Committee
Children's Wisconsin's Family Advisory Committee is made up of parents and hospital staff. The committee meets every six weeks to talk about ways to improve care, communication between staff and families and services at Children's Wisconsin.
Parents do not need specific experience to be on this committee, however, they should be:
- Positive and able to share and see different points of view
- Good listeners
- Enthusiastic about the hospital's mission of providing excellent care
- Able to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way
For more information, call Katie Cavanaugh at (414) 266-6716.
Families Partners Program
The Family Partners Program asks parents to give input and ideas to make services better for all families. Family partners may volunteer to:
- Sit on a committee
- Give thoughts and ideas as part of a small group
- Review policies and procedures
- Review educational materials
- Give presentations to hospital staff from the family perspective
You may choose the activities that best fit your interests and schedule.
The E-advisory Team offers patient and client families a way to provide feedback to us electronically – on their schedule and without having to leave their home! Anyone who has experienced services or care throughout the Children’s system is welcome and encouraged to join. Members of the team:
- Are expected to answer a minimum of six questionnaires per year
- Will not receive more than two questionnaires per month
- Can opt out at any time, and more
For more information about these opportunities, call (414) 266-5699.
Access appointment information and medical records, manage prescriptions, and message your child's doctor. Visit MyChart.
Children's Compass is a free app that helps you find your way around Children's Wisconsin's Milwaukee campus and provides you with valuable information for your stay.